The Association for Manitoba Archives invites you to attend a Zoom discussion about physical storage space. Do you have adequate space and storage conditions for your archival collections? If yes, please join us to share your successes. If you don't have enough space, please come and share your concerns and needs. Together we can discuss where folks are at and devise possible strategies and points of collaboration moving forward.
Everyone is welcome whether your Archives is a filing cabinet or state-of-the-art.
Date & Time: Wednesday, October 25th at 10:30 am to noon
Location: Zoom Link will be sent out to registered participants.
RSVP and send your survey response to Erin Acland at email@example.com by Friday, October 20th.
Please answer the following questions and submit to the email address above. Best guesses and ballpark figures are encouraged!
1. What is the size of your physical/analog collection? (e.g., linear feet or meters, or other approximation)
a. Onsite storage:
b. Off-site storage: [if you do not have off-site storage, enter “n/a”]
2. How is storage paid for? E.g., specific budget.
3. If your archive uses off-site storage, what company/organization stores your records? How much of your collection is stored off-site?
4. If your archives only has on-site storage, briefly describe your storage conditions.
5. Do you have specific storage concerns? E.g., located under water pipes, fluctuating temperatures, basement, pests, etc.
6. Do you feel that you have adequate space for your current collection(s) and for the near future (say, 5 to 10 years)? Indicate on a scale of 1 to 10 your need for space, where 0 is dire and 10 is adequate space is, and will be, available.
7. Do you have any storage successes you would like to share?
8. Do you have adequate space for work project, such as processing or conservation? Do you have enough space for students or volunteers to work?
9. Any additional comments for the discussion organizers? Anything you’d like to be covered at the meeting?